Friday, September 28, 2012

Staten Island Circus Ride

The only time I go to Staten Island is when I'm driving through it to get to Long Island or out of Long Island.  I usually have to hold my nose while I drive due to either lovely low tide STANK or methane nastiness emanating from the giant landfill there.  I wonder if Staten Island still has the world's largest landfill or if someplace else took over that title...

Anyway, in a few years Staten Island is getting the world's largest ferris wheel according to this Newsday article.  Honestly, I'm a little shocked.  Why the hell would you put something like that there?  I get that you want a nice view of the Statue of Liberty and all, but why there?!  That's not such a good area.  No one goes to Staten Island unless they live there and it's not easy to get there in the first place.  Plus, it smells bad a lot of the time.  I just don't understand people and their decisions.

Courtesy of the AP as seen on the Newsday website
The last ferris wheel I went on was during the Salem Fair this summer.  It was awesome but I apparently now have a semi-fear of heights that I didn't have before.  I got to see the Mill Mountain Star from afar during dusk and there was no smell.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment