Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Unforgettable Fire of New York

Who doesn't love U2?  Really, who doesn't?!!  I've seen them in concert three different times - first for their PopMart tour in 1997, then at Madison Square Garden with my sister during a Thanksgiving week some years ago (best show EVER), and finally during their last tour at Giants Stadium.  [Note: U2 rocks but Giants Stadium does not...]

But my brain thinks I've seen them more than that since I've experienced two different U2 tribute band performances several times back when I lived in New York.  If you close your eyes, being there is like being at an intimate U2 show.  I know you probably think I'm exaggerating but these guys are truly fantastic.  They bring the energy, the passion, and they sound like the real deal.  If you are a U2 fan, it's a real salve when U2 isn't touring.



There's a new documentary screening at Tribeca that examines my fav U2 tribute band, Unforgettable Fire.  Check out their trailer above and their website too...  I love when "Bono" starts speaking with a heavy New Yawk accent.  It's just so funny!  Then you hear him sing towards the end of the video clip and you listen to the band play and you're like "What!!  OMG, they are soooooo good!" [I sound like a Valley Girl there.  Gag me with a spoon.  I should have inserted 'like' a few times for emphasis.]

Anyway, if for some reason you are in NYC on Friday, October 12th you should go see them at The Canal Room.  I did a few years ago w/ one of my best friends, Miriam, and we had A BLAST!!  Canal Room has very nice bathrooms, as an aside...

I wonder if Coldplayers, the Coldplay tribute band from Canada, will open up for them again on the 12th?  They were awesome too.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment