Friday, June 14, 2013

Wow! Two posts in one day!!

This must be a record for me.  Two posts in one day ~ amazing.  Of course, my earlier post was an epic fail so that explains some of it.

So, what are your weekend plans?  I'm looking forward to going out to dinner downtown with my man tonight.  We have reservations at The Cedars which is a really tasty and cozy Lebanese restaurant in the heart of the Roanoke.


I have a soft spot for hot, meaty, stuffed grape leaves.  Not the cold clammy ones ~ oh no.  [I think the picture I put above is of the vegetarian cold ones but they really all look alike]  Unfortunately, you can only order the hot, yummy grape leaves at The Cedars on Thursdays.  I'm guessing because they are high maintenance to make from scratch.  The only other time I ate at The Cedars was on a Thursday night and I was soooooooooooo thrilled with their food and I got my fix of my fav Lebanese dish.  The good thing about it being Friday is that I'm forced to try something different off of their menu.  Shwarma, perhaps?

Normally, if I find something I like I order it again and again off the menu and don't get an opportunity to try something different.  Except with the Carraba's saga.  I used to go out to Carraba's with my friends Cindy & Nancy occasionally when I lived in NY because Cindy loved that place and it was next door to my apartment complex.  I have never eaten anything I like there.  Everytime we went I ordered something new and was disappointed.  This began to make Cindy nervous.  I'd be looking at the menu and she'd hope upon hope that I'd like what I ordered.  Never happened.  Well, once I got a vege lasagna that wasn't bad but it was a seasonal dish and never showed up on the menu again.  I now beg Cindy to go someplace else when I'm visiting NY and she has no problem with that.

I hope everyone enjoys their Father's Day weekend!  If you have a dad, give him a hug.  If not, I hope you have good dad memories and I'll give my dad an extra hug for you.  If you are a dad, enjoy it!!   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment