Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Betsy Ross Came To Town

You know how some friends are very generous and never ask for anything?  Then they ask you for a favor and you think to yourself, "I should do this!  She's a good friend!"   Well, that led to this:

That's me dressed up as Betsy Ross for a July 4th museum event.  I honestly don't think the material for that dress was regular fabric.  I think it was upholstery...  In any case, an hour into my stint an older gentleman dressed up in FULL PURPLE PIRATE GEAR (head to toe, sans parrot) comes up to me and says "It's so great to meet fellow Revolutionary War re-enactors!"  Uhhhhh.....that's not me, man.  Turns out he was not affiliated with the museum event in any way.  He just wanted to dress up like a pirate.  I hid in the bathroom for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment