Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Enough with the rain already!


Southwest Virginia has gotten more rain in the first half of 2013 than we'd normally have all year.  If I remember correctly what I heard on the local news recently, we've had measurable rainfall almost daily for several weeks in a row.  I was surprised when we had snow in April but this is even more surprising because it's normally dry and sunny here in the summer.  This unusual pattern is causing a flooding issue. My co-worker had five feet of water in her basement on July 4th and couldn't get out of her driveway.  All that flooding also knocked out her water and sewer service.  Not fun!

I snapped the picture on my way to work.  Those trees are normally away from the creek and you can see that they are completely submerged.  The water level is so high that it's attracting quite a few herons!

No comments:

Post a Comment