Sunday, July 15, 2012

Waiting and waiting and ...

Hey!  So, once a month the local Parks & Rec folks host a night out on the Blue Ridge Parkway where you can view outer space through a powerful telescope and learn about what you are looking at from an expert.  I've been so pysched to try this that I've registered for the past two months!  Unfortunately, my outer space adventures have been foiled by cloud cover both times.  So, I'll just have to try again next month.  Until then, I'll just have to stare at this picture from the National Geographic website:



What I ended up doing last night instead of the star gazing was going to see Smith Mountain Lake (finally).  I've lived here two years and never traveled to check it out.  Pretty neat!  The area I saw, near Hales Ford Road/Bridge, was a lot more built up than I expected.  I bet it would be nice to sit out on a back deck of a home right on the water and gaze out over it.  Although, I think it might be a bit too crowded for my taste in the summertime...  At least that's what I hear.  :-)


From http://www.visitsmithmountainlake.com/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=igcategory&id=1&Itemid=117


No comments:

Post a Comment