Monday, August 6, 2012

Rabid Foxes & Hungry Bears & Humping Skunks - Oh My!

I got an e-mail notification last Friday at work that a bear has been roaming in the area looking for food.  "Please don't feed the bear" was the general message.  Um, I won't be.  I just can't picture myself approaching a wild animal that weighs hundreds of pounds and is HUNGRY.  That just won't happen.  The squirrels at my job are frisky and freakish enough that I avoid them...

Today, the Roanoke Times had an article about a woman in Blacksburg that got attacked walking from her car to her house by a presumably rabid fox.  It bit her, wouldn't let go, and it took her husband kicking it off of her to get the attack to end.  Their cat ended up being put down due to injuries from the same fox.  "The fox is still at large."  They make him sound like Al Capone or something.  Get out your gun and shoot the damn thing already!

Underneath the building I work in, skunks live.  They love to stink up the place in the early morning right before I go to work.  The INTENSE ODOR will permeate the entire first floor and make you want to vomit.  My boyfriend says they are frisky and mate in the spring AND the fall.  WTH?  Stop humping and spraying your STANK all over my workplace!

So, that's my Roanoke nature roundup for today.  If I don't ever post again, it's because a horny skunk stunned me with its stank, I got bit by a rabid fox while I stumbled around after the skunk attack, and then a roaming hungry bear ate my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment