Monday, August 27, 2012

The Library Comes With Coffee & Concierge Service

I needed to check out some books from a local university's library and I went on-line to see if they were even available late last night.  What was weird is that they had a little shopping cart next to each book I found and each time I added a book to the shopping cart I really had no idea what the purpose of the cart was.  It's a library ~ I need to go check out the books when I get there, right?

Apparently not.  This university library takes your e-request and pulls the books off of the shelves for you and will have them ready for you to pick up at the circulation desk.  If you are a professor or staff member of the university, they will deliver your books to your office!!  I can't get over the fantastic customer service this university library provides.  Besides the library being gorgeous and relaxing, it essentially has concierge service.  That's amazing.

One of my county public libraries is brand new and comes with its own coffee shop attached.  You can either drive thru or stop in to the Mill Mountain Coffee and buy some homemade sandwiches, coffee, or a scone (cinnamon scones ROCK!) and you are allowed to eat and drink throughout the library.  Yes, that is quite something.  No one will give you a dirty look if you are drinking coffee and munching on a kick-ass cinnamon scone in the large print book section.  That's amazing too.

Cherry Coke!!
I wasn't feeling too good tonight so my boyfriend brought a small bottle of my favorite beverage, Cherry Coke, with him to cheer me up when he stopped by for a visit.  He's the best!!  I know people love to drink beer and wine but how can they compare to the deliciousness of a Cherry Coke??!  I'm sipping away while I read Gone Girl.  Good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment