Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Who Doesn't Like Vinyl?

I'm not talking about vinyl pantsuits which aren't so great.  I'm talking about good ole 45s and LPs.

I treated myself to an orange, vintage-looking record player recently and I love the damn thing.  Every time I use, it my mood elevates.  I bought it on-line and have some new and used LPs to play.  Tonight while my boyfriend and I were eating dinner we listened to Bono and the gang serenade us on my little orange machine.  Soooo nice....

Back when I was a kid my family had a beige record player in the basement and my dad would play his Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass albums while my brother listened to Phil Collins and Weird Al Yankovic.  I vaguely remember my sister having a Saturday Night Fever record.  I'm sure there were other albums but those are the ones that stuck in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment