Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hump Day!


Farm landscape in SW Virginia
Happy Wednesday!  We got our first real snowstorm of the winter last night which left us with about two and a half inches of snow and some ice.  It was only 12 degrees when we went outside to shovel the driveway around 7:30 AM.  I had to go to work but there was a two-hour delay which meant that I was able to get a yummy pancake breakfast at Famous Anthony's before work.  It's the little things that make the day good, ya know?  Apparently if I still lived in New York I'd be shoveling out from a lot more snow...  That part I don't miss.  I do miss the abundance of plows and salt spreaders!  Trying to get out of my neighborhood was stressful and involved riding in a 4-wheel drive pick up.

I look forward to Tuesday evenings now because ID channel's "Homicide Hunter - Lt. Joe Kenda" is on.  Love that show!  If you haven't seen it, definitely give it a try.  I also just started watching "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix.  Only one episode in but the characters are amazing and the story is unreal.  I have a Netflix DVD waiting for me ~ "Homeland" which I haven't seen yet so hopefully that show is good too.

Hope you are enjoying your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment