Friday, February 21, 2014

A Blind Date With the Library

My surprise selections

Poem on package
For Valentine's Day, my library offered a 'blind date' program where you could enter your name in to participate and they would lend you a DVD and bestselling book of their choice as your 'blind date'.  What a great idea!  Valentine's Day we were snowed out so I got my selections this past Monday.  They were gift wrapped in bright red paper and tied up with white ribbon.  On top was a poem (see above) and a Dove chocolate heart candy.  Yum.  Anyway, my DVD was As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson and my book was The Song of Achilles.  I saw the movie in the past which is amazing if you haven't seen it.  The book I had heard of but didn't read.  I'm about 50 pages in and it's FANTASTIC!  So, the library did a great job and my 'blind date' was a success.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment