Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Plated

Saturday night's dinner ~ steak chimichurri
I was reading a blog that I like a couple of weeks ago and the blogger posted about how she tried a new food delivery serviced called Plated.  I had never heard of this company before so I checked out their website and thought, "Hey, this looks like a fun and cool idea!"  Essentially, you order two nights' worth of meals and Plated ships the ingredients to you via FedEx in a refrigerated box.  You assemble the ingredients to make a delicious dinner using their colorful instruction sheet.  It looked like fun and they were having a sale so I thought I'd give it a try!

Saturday night was steak chimichurri and it was DELICIOUS although my breathe was very garlic-y for a full 24 hours.  I had a blast cooking and the results were restaurant quality yummy.  I realized that I don't season as much as I could and it was fun to get an idea of what I could be doing to improve my own dishes when I was following their instructions so closely.  My husband helped out too and became a fan.

The box contained almost every ingredient we needed, including the meat.  I just had to supply the labor, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper.  Easy. I added brown rice on the side for a carb.

Sunday night we had meal # 2 which was fish in parchment paper with baby carrots.  Really good but not as yummy but tasty enough that I'd definitely order it again. 

I'm giving Plated another try.  Two meals coming this weekend and two more in another week or so.  It's a fun adventure if you like to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment