Monday, February 17, 2014

What I Baked On A Snow Day: Black & White Cookies

Look yummy, right?!  They tasted amazing...
Being from New York, I can't resist a black and white cookie, bagel, bialy, giant sprinkle cookie, good Italian food, and/or fruit tarts.  Part of the reason I'm thinking about food is because I'm still on my Weight Watchers diet so thinking about food can be entertaining.  Ha!

Anyway, during last week's massive snow dump I baked a dozen regular and poppy seed bagels from scratch and also three dozen black and white cookies from scratch (I made the icing from scratch too!).  In both cases, I used recipes from King Arthur flour's website and I highly recommend ALL of their recipes. 

You'll be proud of me. I gave away most of the cookies and some of the bagels as gifts so I didn't go completely off my diet.  The Valentine's Day candy is what did me in but we won't talk about that...

No comments:

Post a Comment