Sunday, February 16, 2014

"Power Hour"



I was doing my grocery shopping yesterday and wasn't able to stand in the self-checkout line like I normally do because all of the lanes were full.  I stood in a regular cashier line and that led to my usual impulse buy: magazines.  I can't help myself.  So, I picked up three and one of them was Good Housekeeping.  I haven't read Good Housekeeping in over two decades but the blue cover looked good.  I am hooked!  Really good magazine although I am not sure if I am the target audience because there was a full-page ad for anal leakage pads.  For real.

I highly recommend that you read Good Housekeeping Magazine's March 2014 article about the "power hour" here.  The article's author, Gretchen Rubin, really nailed it.  Thank you, Gretchen!  Essentially, it talks about all the little tasks that add up over the months and slowly drive you insane and how if you dedicate one hour a week to getting these little things out of the way and accomplished that you'll feel so much better.  I gave it a try today and it was really successful.  Finally got rid of some clutter in my kitchen and living room and gave myself a foot scrub.  Oh, I'm so relieved!  Plus. the foot scrub smelled really good.  Mmmmm....

Okay, gotta run and watch Downton Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment