Tuesday, September 10, 2013

May the Force be with Sock Monkey!

Okay, how cute is this?  I was walking with my man down Wall Street in Asheville, NC when I spotted a knitting store with this awesome window display.  They had three sock monkeys dressed up as Star Wars characters.  These two are dueling with knitting needles and in the adjacent window there was a Luke Skywalker sitting and knitting with a bubble above his head with his thoughts about how he had to finish his row of knitting.  It was totally adorable.

I have a soft spot for any sock monkey doll because in nursery school there was a classroom sock monkey that no one could hold or play with unless you got hurt.  So, I think everyone in my class associated sock monkey as a special toy that soothed you when you got hit by another kid on a swing (that happened to me) or if you fell off a slide or tripped and fell.   Besides, a sock monkey has personality and seems totally awesome.  It makes me happy that Cracker Barrel sells them.

I didn't go into the knitting store because it was closed but this window display totally got my interest.  My sister taught me how to knit in the summer between 7th and 8th grade but I don't remember how to do it now.  I've considered taking a basic knitting class on several occasions but I just haven't found the time yet.  I have several friends who knit and I hear it's relaxing.  Crocheting looks good too because you can make cute little Halloween critters and other fun things that have nothing to do with scarves and hats.  Not sure which I should try...

No comments:

Post a Comment