Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Prisoners Movie


I haven't been out on the town to see a movie in two months and last night I went with my man to see The Prisoners at The Grandin after dinner.  A traditional date night after a longgggg work week!  Yay!  I expected the movie to be dramatic considering it's about the abduction of two little girls but the movie was creepy and scary to boot which I wasn't anticipating.  The movie makes you feel like your home isn't safe.  I hate that feeling...

I hate spoilers so I'm not going to even elude to what happens in the movie because if I had read some of the reviews beforehand I think it would have taken away some of the suspense.  The trailer was just fine as a marketing tool without giving too much away.

I read several different reviewers' takes on the movie and their readers' comments on-line after I saw the movie.  I'm surprised by how varied the opinions on this movie are!  Some people really thought it was well done and well acted with lots of suspense and twists and turns (I agree) and others hated it and wished they hadn't gone to see it.  I don't know of anyone in my circle of friends that has seen it yet so I don't really have anything else to go on besides my own opinion and what I see on-line.

The Grandin Theatre has four screening rooms and The Prisoners was upstairs in a smallish theatre.  Don Jon was showing in the largest/main room which surprised me.  Anyway, there were only about a dozen people at the 7PM Friday showing which left the room 3/4 of the way empty.  I'm not sure what the other moviegoers thought about the film but my husband and I really liked it.  The movie wasn't predictable at all, was very suspenseful, creepy, and violent.  I could have done with less creepiness and violence.  I think my nerves are just shot and want a break.  I'd suggest this movie to most adults since it was some really good storytelling and acting but I wouldn't recommend it to my parents due to some of the graphic scenes ~ it was a bit much there in spots...

No comments:

Post a Comment