Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My List of Stuff I Want To Do This October

There is really no explanation for why I chose a rainbow picture for this post.  I was just playing with Picmonkey again and tried cropping a photo to be round.  It was fun.

Anyway, October is almost here and I have a bunch of things I want to accomplish before the month is over.  I cannot believe that September flew by as fast as it did.  Agh!  I don't want October to give in to cold and cloudy November without getting these items checked off my list:
  1. Try out a local corn maze.  My good friend from high school just went to one in upstate New York and I think that is a fantastic fall idea to try!   I hope I don't get massive anxiety if/when I get totally lost in there.  Come to think of it, I didn't ask her if she had a good time or not...
  2. Decorate the outside of our house with Halloween and fall themed decorations before the trick or treators arrive.  We already have some corn stalks and a bale of hay waiting to be used.  Just need to find a scarecrow, pumpkins, and make some jack o' lanterns...  There were some really neat white pumpkins at Fresh Market but they cost too much and now I can't find any.  I'm on the search!
  3. Get our broken living room window fixed.  :-(    Somehow, a rock shattered it.  WTH?!  More money, more money....
  4. Plant my perennial flower bulbs when they arrive.  I ordered a bunch and have the flowerbed all prepped and ready to go!  I tried to buy bulbs that would bloom into flowers of different heights and colors that would attract butterflies and hummingbirds.  Wish me luck.
  5. Get back into an exercise plan to help me lose 10 pounds that I gained this year.  I suppose it would help if I don't eat all the Halloween candy I just bought from CVS wayyyyyyy too early.  I hid it.  I hope I forget that I have it in the house.
  6. Enjoy my time in NY (yay!) and try not to spend too much money on clothing.  I find all the best clothes for the upcoming season when I go to NY in the spring and autumn.  I need to budget this time around and use more self-control which I am confident I can do.
  7. Continue to post on this blog regularly like I did in September.
  8. Try to find out if 20 Feet From Stardom, the documentary, is playing anywhere nearby.  It was playing at our local indie theatre and we missed it.  Thank goodness for Netflix and the like.  :-)
  9. Try a new restaurant (I need to STOP eating so much) with the man.  Thinking perhaps Millstone in Bedford because someone at work told me it was amazing.  Their menu looks yummy!  Good Southern food like shrimp and grits and fried chicken.  I bet their desserts are good.
  10. Try a few new healthy dinner recipes.  I made a really yummy French cod fish dinner two nights ago.  We should eat more fish and veggies...
  11. Walk more in my neighborhood.  I found an adjacent neighborhood that seems really nice for walking with some gentle hills.  Need to go back.
  12. Continue going to church on Sundays.  It makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment