Sunday, September 15, 2013

Summer Into Autumn

My first attempt using Picmonkey (not bad!)
 

My favorite season is summer even though the heat can be oppressive and the bugs can be annoying.  I just love all the daylight hours and how you feel like you have an entire day to do fun things after you get off of work.  Now that summer's transitioning into autumn, after I cook and eat dinner I feel like the day is over and I need to go and put my pajamas on since the sun is setting.  Not quite as fun.

Soooooo, my man and I have been trying to find fun stuff to do in the coming weeks so we have something to look forward to even on a weeknight.  We have tickets to see a play put on by Roanoke's Mill Mountain Theatre in October and tickets to see Straight No Chaser perform at the Performing Arts Center in November.  The Greek Festival is next weekend and that is always worth standing in a long line for.  Ohhhhh the food is sooooo good!  Maybe we'll find time to try a trail ride (via horse) again sometime on a weekend.  It would be nice to gaze up at the trees when they are all orangey and red and yellow while sitting on a horse.

Today, we got two banh mi sandwiches to go from a new restaurant called Viet Sub and ate them at the local park and then took a walk around since it was a gorgeous day.  I actually got a little chilly sitting in the shade during the sandwich eating part of the afternoon and thought "here we go....summer's almost over".  The sandwiches were yummy, by the way!

A good buddy of mine is going to a hot air balloon festival next weekend and will be trying out a corn maze.  Sounds like a perfect way to welcome autumn to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment